Welcome Back Lions! We hope everyone had a terrific summer and are ready for the 2017-18 School Year! Please click here to read the news for this week.
InfoSnap Codes will be sent out by email very soon.
Everyone will need to update their information via online registration BEFORE Class Assignment Day. Please do not wait until the day of Class
Assignment to do this, it can take up to 24 hours to process your information and payments. You will have the option to pay your fees while
registering online. Paying online prior to August 10th will allow you to bypass the computer lab and fee lines on Class Assignment Day. If you
have not completed the online registration prior to August 10th you will need to complete your child’s registration in our computer lab and
pay fees at the fee table on that day. If you qualify for free/reduced meals, you must show this years letter of approval on this day.
Class Assignment Day is Thursday, August 10th 10am – 1pm & 3pm – 6pm
Everyone MUST bring the following items to receive your child’s class assignment (no exceptions):
1) Current electric or water bill, showing your name and address (even School Choice, Special Permission, Live With & Employee families)
2) Parent/Guardian’s driver’s license or DMV issued ID (Name and address MUST match your current electric or water bill )
If you have moved or have questions about showing proof of residency, please call BEFORE August 10th.
• Kindergarteners that were not assessed on May 31, will need to have this done on Aug 10th. (No appointment necessary)
• School fees may be paid online with a credit/debit card or you may pay at the school with cash, check, MasterCard, Visa or Discover.
• If you qualify for free or reduced meals, please be sure to complete the online application beginning July 24th. You will need to bring this years letter of approval with you on Class Assignment Day.
• Be sure to stop by the PTA table and give them your child’s t-shirt size. Boosterthon shirts are coming soon!
Don’t forget to join the PTA (separate check to NPE PTA or debit/credit card), pick up school supply orders and sign up to volunteer with our PTA.
• Our cafeteria staff will be available to accept payments for your child’s breakfast/lunch account. (Apply online for free/reduced meals)
Student breakfast is $1.35 per day and student lunch is $2.85 per day.
• Be sure to complete transportation & bus forms and pick-up new car line signs.
• Also, see the school nurse, meet our new Lexington Police Dept. Resource Officers and sign up for Big Blue Marble afterschool care.
Meet & Greet – Thursday, August 17 @ 6:30 pm
Students can meet their teacher, see their classroom and drop off school supplies.
First Day of School – Tuesday, August 22 7:40 am – 2:25 pm
The tardy bell rings every morning at 7:40 am. Students should be in there classroom ready to begin instruction at that time.
You may walk your child directly to their classroom (until 7:40 am only) the first week of school. Beginning Monday, August 28th, a visitor’s pass must be obtained from the office every time you enter the building. Please, remember to always bring your driver’s license with you when visiting the school.
For more information, call 803-821-3300 or go to http://npes.lexington1.net
Here is a copy of the 2017-2018 School Supply. Hope our Lions have an AWESOME Summer! Click Here
Van Bowers, Director of Elementary Schools, performed with Marty Fort and his band at NPES this morning! Mr. Bowers enjoys music and especially playing guitar. He entertained the audience with a rendition of Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry and Folsom Prison Blues, by Johnny Cash. Mr. Fort, also a guitarist, owns and teaches at Lexington School of Music. His band played several selections for the students and gave insight into their various musical instruments.
Here are your 2017-2018 PTA Executive Board Members:
President: Rosalind Thompson
Vice President: Lisa Kempf
VP/Ways and Means: Jessica Aberdeen
Secretary: Kara Taylor
The Treasure position is still open. If you are interested in becoming our PTA Treasure or would like to learn more, please email us a email@example.com.
Thank you to our current Executive Board members for serving two great years in your positions at NPE: Melanie Dewar, Rosalind Thompson, Jennifer Flower, Maria Bates, & Greg Weigand
Hope everyone had an awesome weekend! This week we will be celebrating Art Safari. Various fine art activities are planned for the week. Please click here for all of this week’s activities.
We hope everyone had a great weekend. Here is this week’s happenings. Click Here
Students at NPES enjoyed learning about various SC animals from Mr. Sean Poppy! Mr. Poppy is from the Savannah River Ecology Laboratory with the University of Georgia. Pictured with Mr. Poppy is Mrs. Erica Millwood, our STEM teacher.
He brought 2 amphibians (bull frog and spotted salamander), 5 reptiles (glass lizard, rat snake, 1 1/2 year old alligator, 3 1/2 year old alligator, and southeastern crown snake), a bird (Great Horned Owl), and 2 mammals (an opossum and coyote) to share with the students.
How many have you seen in the wild?
Good morning Lions-
Please take the time to read our announcements for this week. Click here