The New Providence Elementary School Learning Commons Team would like to encourage you and your family to make a READING RESOLUTION this year! Did you know that reading aloud together, as a family, is beneficial for ALL members of your family? Many of our younger students hear a bedtime story each night before bed, but the older our students get, the less they hear these bedtime stories. No matter how old your child is, make a resolution to read aloud together before bed EVERY night!
To help you with your resolution, we are excited to announce the 2016 Roary’s Reading Resolution Challenge! We would like to challenge you and your family to read aloud together for 101 Nights. Our challenge will run January 11 – May 13.
We know that making and keeping a resolution is not easy. So, to help keep you motivated, there will be monthly drawings for a small family prize! Each month, we will ask that you send pictures to us of your family reading aloud together. We will share these pictures via social media using the hashtag #RoaryReads2016. Pictures will also be shared on a display in the Learning Commons. You can email pictures to email@example.com (use RoaryReads2016 as the subject).
- January 26 – Prize drawing from all of the Reading Resolution Pledges we receive!
- February 23 – Prize drawing from pictures we receive of NPES families reading a book they LOVE!
- March 22 – Prize drawing from pictures we receive of NPES family selfies (must include a good book, of course!)
- April 26 – Prize drawing from pictures we receive of NPES families reading outside!
- May 17 – Prize drawing from all of the Summer Reading Resolution Pledges we receive!
- You can read aloud in the car, at bedtime, waiting at the doctor’s office or anytime that YOU create! It does not have to be 101 consecutive days/nights, but what an AWESOME goal! There will not be a log or anything to fill out! Just a pledge to say you are up for the challenge! Please let us know if you have any questions!